5084 Lincoln Avenue
Plover, WI 54467
The Boston School Forest is an 80-acre property that was donated by Mr. Harry D. Boston in 1937. Between the years of 1937 and 1958, over 111,000 trees were planted by school children transforming this once agricultural land to a secondary forest that would be used by generations of Stevens Point students. Elementary educational programming began when the District hired the first school forest coordinator in 1983. Over the next 20 years, the educational lodges and residential cabins were built and a Forest Management Plan was developed.
The mission of the Boston School Forest (BSF) is to “provide the youth of Stevens Point Area Public School District educational opportunities that foster personal growth as well as awareness, knowledge and appreciation of the natural world leading to sound stewardship of the earth.” Today, BSF continues to conduct high quality environmental educational programming in the form of annual field trips for every student in the district 4K through 10th grade.