185 Court Street
Binghamton, NY 13901
The Broome County Public Library opened in October 1904.The building was designed to serve as both a public library and a community center. On the first floor was a collection of 14,000 books and the second floor housed the library's auditorium, the Binghamton Museum of Fine Arts (now part of Roberson Museum) and the Broome County Historical Society. Through the years, the library collection had grown from 14,000 books to over 300,000 books and periodicals. In addition, the library added new services such as records, films, microfilm and other media.
children's programs, adult book reviews, summer reading program