According to the agency's website: "Shepphard Hills was originally part of the estate of Helen Gould Shepard, daughter of railroad magnate Jay Gould, a Roxbury native son. Construction of the 9-hole facility began around 1916. Upon the death of Finley Shepard, the property was deeded to their daughter, Helen Anna, and remained in the family until 1972 when it was sold to a private developer. At that time the course was leased to the Shephard Hills Golf Association becoming a membership-driven organization open to the public. Longtime Shephard Hills golfer Frank Adamiak purchased the course in 2000 and now oversees its operation.The nine-hole course offers challenging terrain with spectacular mountain views. The full service clubhouse and pro shop are located in the estate’s former guesthouse, a remarkable stone structure commissioned by the Gould family in 1911. Sheppard hills offers their restaurant, the Shephard Hills Tavern, and is open during the golf season for lunch and dinner, specializing in pub food. They also feature a full-service bar with all your favorite beers, wines and mixed drinks. The offer a 9 hole course, golf lessons, memberships, leagues and golf tournaments. Sheppard Hills also offers special events.